SBF Unofficial Fansite Messageboard: Gretchen Peters - Hello Cruel World - SBF Unofficial Fansite Messageboard

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gretchen Peters - Hello Cruel World

#1 User is offline   NeeCee

• Superstar Steve-Fan!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi All,

Along with Yiruma, the other thing I heard this week that I thought was utterly brilliant was something I heard last night on my drive home from work listening to Bob Harris' Country show on BBC Radio 2. He played a track called "Five Minutes" by Gretchen Peters...I think Bob should have put a warning on this one before he played it because upon hearing it, I couldn't help getting quite emotional - not good while driving! What a song...rips your heart out.

Depending on your territory, until next Thursday night you may be able to listen again to the show on the BBC iPlayer if you'd like to hear that one (it's about 16.23 mins into the show). http://www.bbc.co.uk...onsole/b018nsd7

I had a look on YouTube to see if there was a video for that one, and all I found was an EPK type clip of the strings session for it, however I did find a video for the title track from her new album "Hello Cruel World" - WOW - it's amazing - just love it! Now THAT'S what you do if you want to touch someone's heart with a song - honest lyrics sung clearly so that you can understand every word, with real emotion behind those lyrics, strong melody, and sung in tune. Sounds simple I know, but I'm not sure how many artists can manage to nail it like Gretchen Peters can. She is the "real deal!"

Gretchen will be doing a session on Bob's show on 26th Jan, so please tune in if you want to hear more from her. I'll have to make sure I'm home from work early that night so I'm not having to stop the car to have a cry!

Definitely going to pre-order her CD...she has some UK tour dates coming up too - check out http://gretchenpeters.com/

Kind regards,
NeeCee

PS - thank you Bob!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users